Note: This is an extension of a LinkedIn post from August 21, 2021.
With many of us working from home these days, the remove video meeting is king. Calendars are filled with back-to-back Zoom, Google Meet, and Microsoft Teams appointments. And after a day full of them, you may be feeling mentally drained. Here are some things to try to keep you centered and maintain your sanity:
- Take a meeting via phone instead of screen. Not every meeting needs faces in boxes and screen sharing.
- Schedule your meetings for 25 or 50 minutes. Use the extra time in between to stand up, stretch, and look outside a window for a few moments.
- Schedule yourself for lunch. Don’t bring a screen to lunch. Actually eat some lunch.
- Schedule yourself for a short walk around your neighborhood or head to a park and take a quick stroll.
- Schedule yourself for solo work time. Pick the time of day you are most productive solo.
- Stick to your plan. Reschedule meetings that conflict with it.